Thursday, June 30, 2022

Namely Confusing

 


© 2022 Luke T. Bush

PLATTSBURGH CITY, NY - 06/30/22

Red Hot Chili Peppers.  How many times over the years have you seen or heard that band’s name?

The other day when I was photographing local bagpipers during practice I thought I spotted that name on the back of one piper’s t-shirt.

But looking over my images of the Police Pipes and Drums of Plattsburgh I discovered I had misread the last word: it was Pipers.

Red Hot Chili Pipers are a Celtic rock band from Scotland that features three highland bagpipers.  A contrast to the Peppers who are known for mixing various rock genres such as alternative, psychedelic, rap and punk sans bagpipes

Google took me to various articles about concert goers mixing up the names, going to see the Peppers but instead encountering the Pipers.  Some Pepper fans still enjoyed the show.

It’s all rock and roll.


Here's a link to a Pipers video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWEd_kB6WE


No comments: