Saturday, January 09, 2010

If Not Me, Then Google

As I mentioned in a previous post way back in 2007, one afternoon I
noticed a gnarled leafless tree across the street and took a few shots. I continued to walk downtown and about two blocks away a pickup truck pulled over, the driver got out and asked me why I was photographing his house. I told him I was only shooting the tree out front, showing him the image on my camera's screen.

After that incident, I noticed that the man's house was on Google Earth, an overhead shot of the building and so I pointed that out in a post.

Well, I wonder what that home owner thinks about this image:




It's a screencap of his home as recorded on Google Street View. Maybe he should get upset, jump in his pickup truck, and drive out to Google's corporate HQ, the Googleplex in Mountain View, California, and ask them why they photographed his house.

No comments: