Saturday, May 23, 2009

Space Dragon




For some of you this image looks familiar. I took an earlier shot showing this odd object hanging on to a car radio antenna. I called it in a previous post a “Psychedelic Dragon.”

I came across the same object in similar lighting and took more shots. For this post I cut out the object with the GIMP photo-editing program, taking it out of context. Now it looks like a dragon from the outer reaches of space.

I’m not happy with the image because it’s a bit rough around the edges. But that happens when you’re using a mouse freehand to cut out an image.

When I took the second shots, the car owner got “touchy” because I was “touching” his car. He didn’t understand the art of photography. Obviously a philistine. (Know what I mean, Mr. S. B.?)

No comments: