Thursday, August 09, 2007

Short Tale About A Long Contrail



I always look around, down, up, sideways, seeking any potential images. I noticed a contrail in the evening sky, stretching from east to west, fading into the setting sun. I tried a few shots with my widest angle of view, but I still couldn’t capture enough of the contrail’s impressive length.




So I used the panorama stitch mode on my camera, trying to create a series of shots that together would show how the white streak dominated the sky. I haven’t used the stitch mode that often and so my final image is rough around the edges. But at least it gives an indication of the east to west formation as it was slowly dissipating.




The composite shots were taken on Clinton Street in downtown Plattsburgh, in case you’re wondering what buildings are being glimpsed on the edges of the panorama’s frame. Left to right is east to west. Click on the image for a larger view.

No comments: