Saturday, June 16, 2007

A Visual Explanation For Pat



One evening I’m at the coffeehouse, standing in the middle of the place with a small camera atop a big tripod. A colorfully lit sign indicated the entrance to the patio area. But my camera wasn’t aimed at that sign – at least, not directly.

A friend came in from the patio. He was wondering what I was shooting. I pointed at my camera’s tiny LCD screen. I tried to explain how the patio sign was making an interesting reflection on paintings hanging on the rear wall. My friend – who has bad eyes like me – squinted at the LCD screen, but he couldn’t see what I was focused on.

I’m always looking for eye-catching reflections. What grabbed my attention was a double reflection. Anyway, Pat, here’s what I was shooting:




I thought it was worth spending a few minutes manipulating a camera and tripod to get this image.

No comments: