Saturday, June 22, 2013

Don't Have A Cow




The above photo has generated a lot of positive feedback on Facebook.  Man, I'm being love-bombed!

For example, this comment:

If that is the negative spin you want to put on it. Makes sense considering the source. If anything they were the best audience... Respectful, non judge mental [sic], and they genuinely really enjoyed us playing for them. Oh, the people too!

To which I replied:  

It's only a joke! That's why I wrote "apologies to." Look at the expression on that "critic." The word balloon seemed to fit. Everyone knows you never get a bum steer at Conroy's Organics. Lighten up.

But that wasn't good enough as evinced by this second comment:

If you have to personally apologize, then why post it? You should ask for permission before you post an image of someone, especially when you water mark it. It has to be consentual [sic]. Learn respect.

Later I received this message via Facebook from another person:

I have personally asked you in the past not to take pictures of me. It is one thing if I am performing.. I understand that it is your profession, and I respect that. But under no circumstances are you allowed to make a mockery of me and /or my band, is that understood? Take the picture off of facebook, and get rid of it. And any other pictures you have of me, that do not pertain to the performing arts, get rid of them. You do not have my permission to take photos of me any longer.

Obviously someone doesn't understand the laws pertaining to photography or had heard of the Streisand Effect.  As defined by Wikipedia this effect "is the phenomenon whereby an attempt to hide, remove, or censor a piece of information has the unintended consequence of publicizing the information more widely, usually facilitated by the Internet."

What's next?  The word-ballooned bovine in my photo will sue me for misquoting him?

Sorry, I don't "cowtow" to prime beef or prima donnas.

So far twelve people on Facebook have "liked" my photo, appreciating its humor.  Apparently they did "consider the source."

No comments: