Friday, May 13, 2011

Ghost Gallery


I'm perusing the arts and events listing, 8 days a week, in yesterday's Press-Republican when I spot this item under Art Exhibitions:

Cafe Cumberland. 69 Margaret St., Plattsburgh. Hours 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

Cafe Cumberland? Hasn't that been closed for at least a couple of years? When I walk by it sure looks dark and empty to me. There haven't been any art shows or other events there for a long time -- unless it's haunted. (Somebody get ghost-chaser Gordie Little on the phone.)

I did an online search and found a reference to an event at the former Cafe Cumberland dated Sept. 30, 2009. So obviously it shut down before then. And where did I find my reference? At the Press-Republican Website. The article appeared in the weekly Out&About section where 8 days a week is published.

Does anyone at the paper read it?

The PR has enough space to keep in dead listings but almost every week it runs this statement: Due to space limitations, 8 days a week was unable to run in its entirety.

Your local newspaper: a reliable source of updated, accurate and complete info.

No comments: