Thursday, May 13, 2010

ATTN: Press-Republican Idiots


Shoving ads into a reader's face at your website ain't gonna move any product for the advertiser.

As the following three screencaps evince, when I tried to view the photo and cutline of Mayor Donald Kasprzak announcing that he was going to run for office again, I had to deal with a pop up ad that wouldn't go away. The more I scrolled the more the ad obstructed my view. Apparently the only way to get rid of it was to click on the image and be sucked into your stupid contest/survey. Do it today? I'll never do it.

No wonder newspapers are dying out. You idiots still think you have a monopoly on news and can pull crap like this. Forget it. New media is eating you alive, you dinosaurs.

Don't explain this way as a "computer error." A computer error is a human mistake by a jerk using a computer. And the "glitch" explanation ain't gonna fly. If you were unaware of this ad blockage, then you obviously shouldn't be running a website.








2 comments:

tourpro said...

Everytime I click on an image, it "pops up".

"Ooh, it't the latest way to display images"

Too bad there is no way for me to close "popped up" images. I use FF and their site doesn't seem to be very compatible. I have to close and reopen the page to make the image go away.

Anonymous said...

Did you even bother scrolling down the page with the photo loaded. Notice the ad moves in relation to the photo?
Aside from that, just click anywhere off the photo and the photo will close.