Thursday, March 16, 2017

2 PM: NO - 12 NOON: YES




I just came across this announcement online from Plattsburgh City Department of Public Works:

Department of Public Works
February 16, 2017 4:39 PM
Official End of Snow Event!

The City of Plattsburgh's official end of snow event is 12:00 PM on Thursday, March 16, 2017. Per city ordinance all sidewalks must be cleared by 12:00 PM March 17,2017. Enforcement of this ordinance will not be enforced on the infirmed.

That's odd.  I was told by the Building Inspectors Office this afternoon -- around 2 PM -- that it wasn't accepting any complaints about unshoveled sidewalks because DPW hadn't offically announced the storm was over.  So how can the snow event be over at 12 noon today but no one at the BI Office knew about it two hours later?

Check the time when the notice was issued.  4:39 PM.  Better late than never I suppose.

Since it's now permitted I'll call back tomorrow and read off my list of problem spots.  I love saving time.


No comments: