Friday, April 25, 2008

Permission Granted?



As explained in a previous post, “Photos Verboten!,” I was hassled by someone for taking photographs of a building being demolished at the Georgia-Pacific paper mill. After I posted about the incident, I saw today’s (Friday, April 25th) edition of the Press-Republican. Right there on the front page was the same subject.



Did the PR photographer ask GP officials if he could take this shot? Did he report to the main office and get a permission slip like a good little boy?

Most likely he just took the shot because he was on public property, looking at something in public view. Just like I was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was any asbestos abatement done at this location prior to the demolition? I didn't see anything about that in the P-R.

- JT

Luke T. Bush said...

JT:

Don't worry. Your government is keeping an eye on things.

The other day when I went to my eye doctor I noticed they no longer provided fresh coffee for waiting patients. OSHA, I was told, thought that having a self-service coffee counter available to the public was too dangerous.

Beware - hot coffee! And you're worried about some asbestos? Sheesh! [g]

Luke