Monday, February 05, 2007

An Open Reply to Joe



Usually I answer a comment under each post, but this time I thought I would feature one. This comment was sent in regards to my post, "A Snowy Day To Protest A Snow Job," about a recent rally against the failed war in Iraq. My reply follows.



joe-clintoncounty wrote:

Luke!!!!

You live off the system!!! Stop BITCHEN'''

So BI PO will you post this!!!??




Dear Joe Sixpack:

Of course I will post your comment. Maybe you'll explain what BI PO means? One of those acronymic neologisms like LOL that text-messaging kids are hep to?

As for me living off the system, I can argue that the system lives off me. Even though I don't generate a big income, I still help in my own small way to keep it going. I pay rent, buy groceries, and on rare occasions I even purchase a new materialistic toy like a camera. If I and others in similar circumstances suddenly dropped out of the scene, the economy would suffer. People would be out of work and that means less tax dollars scammed by the IRS to pay for another dead-end war.

Don't forget what happened during the Great Depression. If things hadn't turned around, there would have been revolution in his country. Who knows, maybe it would have been as bad as the French Revolution. Cut too many out of the system, don't let them have their little share, and watch chaos erupt.

Your comment implies that I'm a parasite. Well, the government is parasitic in its own way. I don't mind a system that is symbiotic but beneficial to both parties, i.e., mutualistic. (You understand those big words, don't you, Joe?) I believe in this concept:

"...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute a new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely as to effect their Safety and Happiness."

No, Joe, that isn't a key quote from the Communist Manifesto. I "bitch" because this country was created by a lot of bitching, followed by action when there was no other option. My "bitching" is a right. So far the situation hasn't come to a crucial point where the People have to abolish the government -- but the gov does need some altering via democratic means, thanks to narrow-minded polyps such as you.

And, Joe, make sure that you include that last point in your secret report on me to the FBI, CIA, or whatever alphabet agency you're snitching for like a McCarthyite weasel.

Gee, did I stereotype you, Joe? Funny how every action leads to an equal and negative reaction.


Luke T. Bush

No comments: