Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Latest Fad: Why 2K?





I thought it was just me. I keep seeing a number of cars with two plastic kayaks on the roof. So I decided to do a little research via Google. As soon as I typed in the keywords "two kayaks," these search terms were suggested:

"two kayaks on car roof"

"two kayak car rack"

"two kayaks on car"

"how to carry two kayaks"

"roof rack for two kayaks"

And other search terms, each one with thousands of hits. What intrigues me is how many of these rooftop kayaks ever hit the water. After all, how many yuppies used to drive their SUVs off road?

Decades ago status was established by a home with a two car garage. Now the trend is a two-kayak car.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the bizarre flooding thats happening all over the country, why not have a boat and paddle ready!