PLATTBURGH CITY, NY - 5/22/16
Around 4 AM a banging/popping sound was heard in the area of 220 Margaret Street. *An unconfirmed story suggested the fire was caused by an electrical problem.* Plattsburgh PD and FD were soon on the scene.
The fire was intense, flames erupting from windows and the roof. The heat melted siding on a next door building, strips peeling away and dropping. Firefighters hosed down the siding to prevent another fire.
Besides apartments the front part of the building is a retail space that has been empty for some time. A bridal shop was the last business in that location.
*Edited for clarity, 9:45 PM, 5/22/16.