Writog

Writog? A writer-photographer. Citizen journalist. Unless indicated otherwise all content, text and images, here at www.writog.com (C) Copyright 2006 - 2017 Luke T. Bush

My Photo
Name:
Location: Plattsburgh, New York, United States

Writog: writer-photographer.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Early Morning Fire Destroys Margaret Street Building




PLATTBURGH CITY, NY - 5/22/16

Around 4 AM a banging/popping sound was heard in the area of 220 Margaret Street. *An unconfirmed story suggested the fire was caused by an electrical problem.* Plattsburgh PD and FD were soon on the scene.

The fire was intense, flames erupting from windows and the roof. The heat melted siding on a next door building, strips peeling away and dropping. Firefighters hosed down the siding to prevent another fire.

Besides apartments the front part of the building is a retail space that has been empty for some time. A bridal shop was the last business in that location.


*Edited for clarity, 9:45 PM, 5/22/16.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older