Monday, January 19, 2009

Nighttime Disaster Averted



Tonight I was walking along, briskly, headed for my warm apartment. Lately most of the sidewalks have been shoveled so that I don’t have to trudge through deep snow or be forced to walk in the street. I was grateful for that.

But another problem doesn’t go away, even with winter. I almost stepped in a pile of fresh trouble of canine origin. Fortunately I’m trained myself to keep scanning the ground ahead of me for such booby traps, especially any lurking in or near the shadows.



Many thanks to the dog-owner too lazy to pick up after his four-legged fecal factory.

One way to housebreak a puppy is to rub its nose in its mess. Maybe self-centered dog-owners should be trained the same way when it comes to curbing their pets.

No comments: