Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sign Of The Times




Walking along, camera on hand. The sun occasionally peaks out from behind the clouds, illuminating leaves still treebound or fallen, transforming them into colorful images. Kids play soccer on the field behind Seton Academy, the Catholic elementary school. I notice a sign at one of the entrances and take a couple of shots.

Pausing from playground supervision, the principal of Seton Academy, Sister Brian Marie Latour, walks over and asks me why I was photographing the NO TRESPASSING – CURB YOUR DOGS sign near the schoolyard athletic field. I mention my blog to her, how I have been documenting litter problems around the city.

Sister Latour explains that the sign had to be put up because of inconsiderate dog-owners; the problem was getting out of hand.

I agree with her. Healthy kids shouldn’t have to play in dog crap.

1 comment:

Shahana Shafiuddin said...

your blog reminds me a show which I have seen in "Discovery travels and living" at "Project run away". There one contestant took only this kind of road side notice boards picture and make a dress by inspiring this boards....