Monday, September 25, 2006

The Slum Of All Fears?

In a previous post I made the statement that Clinton Street area is starting to slide slumward. And in case anyone disagrees with me, here are images to back up that statement.



This image shows that someone left a small plastic bin of milk out on a step. I don’t know if that’s cereal or pet food floating on top.




Now noticed how days later the bowl’s contents are all over the steps, forming globs of decaying glop.




And then, as the milky mess rots away, a dog comes along later and craps all over the rug on the sidewalk. And from the way some of the dogshit is smeared, some victim didn’t watch his step.


Yes, the new laundry on the corner of Clinton and Brinkerhoff does spruce up the place. But more renovation and attention to appearances is needed along other parts of Clinton Street. Until then, I’m going to visually milk the crappiness for all its worth. I won’t let it be swept under the rug.

2 comments:

TourPro said...

Too bad you didn't plan ahead with a tripod. This would make excellent time-lapse photography.

Luke T. Bush said...

Tourpro:

I don't think my camera atop a tripod would last too long on Clinton Street, especially overnight with all the drunks walking home.

I have a hard enough time just taking a quick shot when walking by. One day a woman who owned one of the buildings was sitting in her car and she saw me taking a shot. She wanted to know what I was up to. Maybe she should spend more time asking city officials why the street is such a mess.

Luke